Sunday, March 2, 2008

Linköping Hockey! Awesome!




Well I finally made it out to see one of the Linköping hockey games. Needless to say, I was VERY impressed. I thought it would be the level of the Flint Generals or something like that, but I was mistaken. It was quite like the IHL (Detroit Vipers) however, just a step down from the NHL. Linköping has produced many NHL players, and I believe Johan Franzen is one of them on Detroit.

The game was full of goals, we won 4-3 and PENALTIES GALORE! I expected the Swedes to really crack down on ANY penalty, and it was true. At one point, Linköping alone had 5 players in the bench. Thereafter there were fights, goaling bashing, and even one of the opponent players checking the Ref...ON PURPOSE! CRAZY.

Im GOING AGAIN! Oh, and the arena is brand new....

2 comments:

Terri Mullen said...

Hey Mike,

Keep posting for April & I, we check it out every few days. It is nice to hear about you now and again. Take care and enjoy!

Happy St. Patty's Day

Ian Douglas said...

Hey man, Im american and traveling in Linkoping today. Any idea where I can score some Turkey for thanksgiving?
Are there any americans living here?