Sunday, December 5, 2010

Davie, Mike and Nivos out Ski Touring!

Here are a few pics from our latest adventure. Davie, Nivos and I were out for a back country ski touring trip north of Linköping. So much snow!!! Was a great trip, and was the maiden voyage for my new BC skis. However, not everything was perfect....My boots gave me bad blisters the day before while testing them (had to break 'em in a bit) then we had planned to build an igloo and stay the night, but it wasn't a good option for Nivos. Poor little guy was super cold! He has no hair on the underside of his body, and the snow comes up to his...you know what...junk. His poor little balls were so cold and red. We stopped at a cool cliff/rock and had lunch to warm up and Nivos used my jacket to warm up again. I guess it is too early for some long adventures for the little guy, but soon he'll be fine. Otherwise he loved it...oh and Davie and I loved it too! What a great trip!
Lunch at the Cliff

Davie Climbing an Ice Wall

Davie forcing his way through the snow!
Nivos and his pack! Awesome! Gore-Tex, Insulated Jacket and a Pack!

Nivos and I enjoying the view



Here's a vid of Davie Perfecting his Telemark Skills...or not! haha


And here I am showing you how to do it...or not! hahaha

No comments: