Sunday, September 7, 2008

Awesome Weekend! Fly Fishing and Hockey



This weekend was amazing! Friday night I went to a really cool party for international students here at the University. The next day, several friends and I went and watched the Nordic Trophy championships in hockey...LINKÖPING WON!!! YEAH BABY! WE ROCK!

Today (Sunday), Sofia and I decided to do something differnt...driver over to Mellanströmmen and give some Fly fishing lessons to Sofia. She did GREAT! Really, I'm very impressed, and she had lots of patience. No fish for anyone we saw...but......I GOT ONE!!! I think it was like my 3rd cast and I got it on a grasshopper imitation.

Next weekend Davie and I head up near the Norwegian border and mountains by Sälen to do some grayling fishing, PICS TO COME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Very nice blog, happened to stumble upon it when I was researching grayling fishing. I'm originally from Sweden. Born and raised in Smaland. I moved permanently to Knoxville, TN in 1994. I'm married with no children and fly fishing is my main passion besides my wife. I haven't been home to Sweden since 2005. I didn't get to fish that time. I fished in Finland for a few days in 2007. I only caught three small brown trout. I was too far south for good grayling fishing. Nice to see some pictures of fine places to fish. I have been thinking about a trip to Europe in a couple of years. I was looking in to Slovenia but it is very expensive. It probably would be easier to just go to Norway and Sweden since I can speak the language and fishing license is cheap. TTYL Hans